Stephen Hawking Memorial Lecture
Thursday, May 17, 2018 3:25 PM
Please join us to celebrate the life and science of the late Professor Stephen Hawking (1942 – 2018). The event consists of the following presentations
- “The Theory of Everything – The Scientific Achievements of Stephen Hawking”, Dr. James Frost, Natural Sciences
- “Can We Get Back In Time”, Dr. Frank Wang, Mathematics
- “How Does Radiation Escape from a Black Hole”, Dr. Roman Senkov, Natural Sciences
- “Entropy and Black Holes”, Dr. Amish Khalfan, Natural Sciences
- “When Science Meets Fiction: Theoretical Physics for Kids, Science Communication and Adventure”, Dr. J. Elizabeth Clark, English
- “Geometries and Gravitational Lensing”, Dr. Sultan Catto, Baruch College
- “Singularities at the Beginning of Time”, Joshua Tan, Natural Sciences
The celebration continues with a reception; refreshments will be served at 5:30 p.m.
for this event.