PTAC - Mission Statement
LaGuardia Community College Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) – was established in 1999.
Our mission is to assist businesses located in Queens to market their goods and services to the Federal, State, and local governments. We strive to simplify the steps necessary to successfully sell to the government. The center offers procurement technical assistance and training workshops to meet the needs of any size business, including Minority Owned Small Business, Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business/Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB/VOSB) and Women Owned Small Businesses.
Throughout the years the PTAC program has assisted many businesses become registered and certified to do business with the Federal, State and City Governments. We currently have a client base of over 300 businesses. Businesses engage us at any given time in the government contracting process. What separates us from other programs is that we support the client through the entire government contracting process. Government contracting training and learning requires constant exposure to the Government sector. Currently, we organize many workshops and seminars for clients throughout the entire year in order to guide and support their interest in government contracting as well as inform the client of any new changes within the government sector. Clients benefit from the one-on-one counseling which provides them with the assistance needed in their readiness to do business with any government agency. Counseling truly provides the small business owner a personalized learning and individualized business overview.
Since 1999 our clients have received a total of over $251 million dollars in Government contracts. Our services are available free of charge. The LaGuardia PTAC sponsors the Queens Annual Business and Procurement Expo and also participates in major business and procurement initiatives sponsored by other service providers and governmental agencies.
The following procurement technical assistance is rendered to businesses in the region:
- Providing one on one business counseling
- Training clients on understanding government contracting
- Reviewing bids, GSA schedules and contracts
- Procurement regulations assistance
- Research and analysis of goods or services
- Providing access to bid opportunities via our database
- Providing opportunities for small businesses to participate in organized events, networking sessions, expos and match makers, where they meet with government buyers/ACCO/contracting officers.
- Assisting small businesses in marketing and advertising to government agencies
- Offering seminars and workshops on topics related to government contracting
- Assisting M/WBE’s in obtaining Federal, New York City and New York State M/WBE certifications
- Small Business Innovative Research Assistance
Disclaimer: “LaGuardia PTAC which serves as a Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC), is funded in part through a cooperative agreement from the Department of Defense (DOD) through a program that is administered by the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). The content of any written materials or verbal communications of the PTAC does not necessarily reflect the official views of or imply endorsement by DOD or DLA.”
For more information, please feel free to contact Angela Doonachar at 718-482-5306 or email: ADoonachar@lagcc.cuny.edu
General Inquiries. Contact us via email: email@example.com
Register to become a client. Visit http://lagptac.ecenterdirect.com (Fill out form)